Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Add me as a friend on Facebook! You can also folow me on Twitter. If you have any questions on quilting, I can try to answer them for you, or you can check out my FAQ, or email me at skippitydodahquilts@yahoo.com

Happy Quilting!

About Me

My photo
I'm just a new wife who has an obsession with my sewing machine! In Oct. 2010, my mother and I created my first sewing project - Euro pillow shams. I was hooked! I read everything I could get my hands on that had to do with sewing! Books, magazines, online tutorials. I experimented and found that I get so much enjoyment from making quilts, and that it's where I found my niche. I'm still a beginner, but I've learned so much in just 5 short months, that I want to share it with someone!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Quick Tip - Fabric Storage

I'm one of those ladies that whoever dies with the most fabric wins.

:)
I love fabric. 

But recently, I've had some problems storing it. Until I took a trip to the fabric store. 

I thought to myself, "Self, now how are we going to store this fabric?" And then it dawned on me.

Fabric. Bolts.

So, I then proceeded to ask the lovely ladies at the shop if they would so kindly give me their empty bolts. They practically threw them at me, they wanted to be rid of them so bad. 

I, of course, gladly caught them and headed to my car, bolts in hand.

My awesome, lovely, amazingly helpful hubby cut them in half this weekend, and we went to wrapping fabric. 

Some re-arranging of furniture, a new cutting table, and some storage bins later, and I have a re-vamped sewing room!










It almost looks like I know what I'm doing! 

Almost :). 

There are always improvements to be made, so until next time, this will have to do :). 

Happy Quilting!

Popular Posts