Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Add me as a friend on Facebook! You can also folow me on Twitter. If you have any questions on quilting, I can try to answer them for you, or you can check out my FAQ, or email me at skippitydodahquilts@yahoo.com

Happy Quilting!

About Me

My photo
I'm just a new wife who has an obsession with my sewing machine! In Oct. 2010, my mother and I created my first sewing project - Euro pillow shams. I was hooked! I read everything I could get my hands on that had to do with sewing! Books, magazines, online tutorials. I experimented and found that I get so much enjoyment from making quilts, and that it's where I found my niche. I'm still a beginner, but I've learned so much in just 5 short months, that I want to share it with someone!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I caved

And got a roll of batting...!!! Warm And Natural, to be exact!

It's kind-of a funny story really. I need batting for 4 quilts that are almost done. So, to Jo-Ann fabric website, I go. And, lo and behold, batting is 40% off! Yipee! Oh, and I had a 10% coupon :). So, I convinced myself that this was the most economical decision, and I would thank myself in the long run.

My hubby, however, was not so pleased...heehee.
This is how the conversation went, over dinner.

Me: So, I got the batting for my Aunt's quilt, our quilt, and a couple other things.

Hubby: Oh? What was the damage? (As he has a mouthful of food)

Me: Well, I got a lot of it.

Hubby: Yeah, You always get a lot of everything. You're just like your mother. (I'm not sure if that's a compliment or a weak attempt at an insult)

Me: Yeah, but...I really got a lot.

Hubby: Well how much is a lot?

Me: 40 yards?

Hubby then proceedes to choke on his food.

Hubby: Oh my God! Where are we going to put this big momma?! In the living room next to the sofa?!

Me: Well, it can always sleep in bed with me if you keep up the 'tude :) :).

It was quite humerous. We banter back and forth like that daily. We're a very sarcastic couple.

The batting arrived on my doorstep a few days ago, and my hubby walked in the door and saw it and just laughed. Good to know it's not the end of the world! Now, it's nestled in the closet in my sewing room. Out of sight, out of mind, right?! LOL!

Happy Quilting

Popular Posts