Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Add me as a friend on Facebook! You can also folow me on Twitter. If you have any questions on quilting, I can try to answer them for you, or you can check out my FAQ, or email me at skippitydodahquilts@yahoo.com

Happy Quilting!

About Me

My photo
I'm just a new wife who has an obsession with my sewing machine! In Oct. 2010, my mother and I created my first sewing project - Euro pillow shams. I was hooked! I read everything I could get my hands on that had to do with sewing! Books, magazines, online tutorials. I experimented and found that I get so much enjoyment from making quilts, and that it's where I found my niche. I'm still a beginner, but I've learned so much in just 5 short months, that I want to share it with someone!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Fun with American Jane, Benjamin Bunny, and Peter Rabbit


The American Jane quilt top is done! I had a lot of fun making it, and I think it turned out quite nicely :).





I especially enjoy the label on the front. It adds something a little...extra, I think. 

Since this quilt is going to someone else, I decided to leave it at 'Made with love'. That way, if they have more children, it can be a lovely hand-me-down! 

This quilt top was made with a kit, which I had never purchased one before. It has pro's a con's, as do all quilt projects. I love the fact that all the yardage is cut for me...However, that means there is very little room for error! So, if you plan to buy this kit (or any kit for that matter) make sure to measure twice and cut once! 
All the same, I love how it turned out, and I can't wait to get it quilted and sent to it's new home!


Also, when I was at the shop buying this kit, I saw this panel, by a company called Quilting Treasures.




It's a fabric book! How fun is that?! It's for another one of John's friend's who's wife is expecting (it must be something in the water!). It was very easy to make and I really like how it turned out. I will definitely be buying more of these panels!




Now, I think it's back to my aunt's quilt! With big projects like hers, I like to space them out so I don't get overwhelmed by the amount of fabric involved in something big like a bed quilt. Hopefully the top will be done in a week or two and I can get it quilted.

Happy Quilting!

Popular Posts