Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Add me as a friend on Facebook! You can also folow me on Twitter. If you have any questions on quilting, I can try to answer them for you, or you can check out my FAQ, or email me at skippitydodahquilts@yahoo.com

Happy Quilting!

About Me

My photo
I'm just a new wife who has an obsession with my sewing machine! In Oct. 2010, my mother and I created my first sewing project - Euro pillow shams. I was hooked! I read everything I could get my hands on that had to do with sewing! Books, magazines, online tutorials. I experimented and found that I get so much enjoyment from making quilts, and that it's where I found my niche. I'm still a beginner, but I've learned so much in just 5 short months, that I want to share it with someone!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

And the verdict is...!

The fabric is what everyone claims it to be. Really...Really...REALLY fantastic. Not kidding. It's got some GREAT colors and the prints are amazing.

However, it looks suspiciously like Punctuation By Sandy Klop of American Jane for Moda. 

Copy cat? Perhaps. 

When I was at the store, she shorted me when she stretched the fabric (again!), so tomorrow I'm heading on a road trip to one of the super-stores to find more prints of this line. Word of the wise - call ahead to make sure the store has this fabric. When you call, specify that the label says D.S. Quilts on a blue label on the bolt. 


When I went to my local Jo-Ann's, they looked at me like I had three heads, and then showed me all the new stuff they had. The D.S. was laying under a heap of sale fabric because they hadn't gotten around to putting it out yet. (audible gasp!). I told them how big a deal this fabric was in blog-land and the manager looked at me like I must not have a life, other than sewing (which isn't a bad thing!...right?)

I felt a little like I was betray my LQS (local quilt shop) by buying this fabric. I'm reeally loyal to my LQS, so it felt like I was going to a cheap motel to have an affair. Hahaha!

Have fun with this fabric! It's worth it!

Happy Quilting!

Popular Posts