Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Add me as a friend on Facebook! You can also folow me on Twitter. If you have any questions on quilting, I can try to answer them for you, or you can check out my FAQ, or email me at skippitydodahquilts@yahoo.com

Happy Quilting!

About Me

My photo
I'm just a new wife who has an obsession with my sewing machine! In Oct. 2010, my mother and I created my first sewing project - Euro pillow shams. I was hooked! I read everything I could get my hands on that had to do with sewing! Books, magazines, online tutorials. I experimented and found that I get so much enjoyment from making quilts, and that it's where I found my niche. I'm still a beginner, but I've learned so much in just 5 short months, that I want to share it with someone!

Friday, April 1, 2011

A baby quilt and a stash report

I love adding to my stash! It always makes me feel so...quilty :). 

I found these Christmas/Winter fabrics for 50% off the list price, and I simply couldn't resist :). They include selections from Falala for Moda, a little bit of Jim Shore Santa's, and a little bit of Henry Glass. I love Christmas fabric, and I can't wait to make something pretty!




A new Whimsy by Fig Tree Quilts for Moda layer cake has found its way into my stash as well! I love me some Whimsy :) :). It always makes me feel so happy whenever I see this fabric! 

And a Whimsy fat quarter bundle came to my house yesterday, wanting a home, and how could I refuse?!


I know exactly what this bundle will be, but for the time being, I just like letting it sit :). It looks just so lovely! 



So, last night I finished the ABC quilt!

I had an absolute joy making this quilt! The design was so fun, and I really liked having the kit!





I used fabric from Hoopla for Moda for the back, and I really like how it compliments the front! 

And, I've been using a new process of quilting this quilt! I used a long-arm machine, and I like it A LOT better than quilting on my own machine! 




It took me only about 30 minutes to quilt, which I was baffled by! I will definetly be using this method for many more projects!


My favorite part of this quilt is the ticket borders. They just add something a little extra, so I saved some for my scraps!

The finished quilt, washed and dried, measures approx. 38"x48". A really nice size baby quilt that can grow into the toddler years!


I hope you all have an awesome weekend! 
Happy Quilting!

Popular Posts