Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Add me as a friend on Facebook! You can also folow me on Twitter. If you have any questions on quilting, I can try to answer them for you, or you can check out my FAQ, or email me at skippitydodahquilts@yahoo.com

Happy Quilting!

About Me

My photo
I'm just a new wife who has an obsession with my sewing machine! In Oct. 2010, my mother and I created my first sewing project - Euro pillow shams. I was hooked! I read everything I could get my hands on that had to do with sewing! Books, magazines, online tutorials. I experimented and found that I get so much enjoyment from making quilts, and that it's where I found my niche. I'm still a beginner, but I've learned so much in just 5 short months, that I want to share it with someone!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Charm squares, layer cakes, jelly rolls, and fat quarters

Doesn't the title make you a little hungry? LOL! It sounds a little like a bakery with delicious treats that probably shouldn't be in my diet :o)

Since Sunday night, my rotary cutter has been busy, busy, busy! I've been making charm squares from the Whimsy FQB (Fat Quarter Bundle), and the accent fabric!



This fabric is from Make Life by Sweetwater for Moda. Yum! I fell in love with it the minute I saw it :).

It almost has a purple undertone when it's put next to the Whimsy, and I love it!

Also, I picked up a couple layer cakes today :).
 


Origins by Basic Grey for Moda.

It's got some really interesting color combinations that I've never worked with before!

Black is always a color I've been afraid of in quilting, and I've been trying to stay away from it. Mostly because when I think of quilts, I think of cheery, cuddly, blankets that you curl up under on your back patio while reading your favorite book. Black...well...it's not very cheery, lol!

But, Seeing it paired with the yellows, blues, and greens makes it seem so much more beautiful, and I even got a little Moda Marbles in black!

The plan for these cakes is for two rag quilts!

My dearest friend Lauren is going to help me make them (weather she likes it or not, heehee!).

She is just starting to sew, and I may be a little biased, but I've been talking her ear off about quilting and how easy it is. I think she's starting to be sick of me :).

Hopefully we can get together soon, because I refuse to start mine without her!

Oh man, have I got new stash up the wazoo! Two jelly rolls and a FQB are here!


30's Bella Solids for Moda and Moda Bella Solids in Snow. I love it!


Punctuation by American Jane for Moda. If you recall the baby quilt I did using a kit with this fabric, I love, love, love it! This FQB also comes with two panels, which was a fun little surprise :).









Happy Quilting!


**EDIT - Someone asked where they could find the Basic Grey layer cake. I found it at my local quilt shop, but it can be found on Ebay here. The 30's jelly roll can be found here and the Bella Solids Snow jelly roll can be found here. The Punctuation FQB can also be found here. <---That link also has selections of punctuation in charm packs, jelly rolls, honey buns, layer cakes, panels, and yardage. Enjoy!

Popular Posts