Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Add me as a friend on Facebook! You can also folow me on Twitter. If you have any questions on quilting, I can try to answer them for you, or you can check out my FAQ, or email me at skippitydodahquilts@yahoo.com

Happy Quilting!

About Me

My photo
I'm just a new wife who has an obsession with my sewing machine! In Oct. 2010, my mother and I created my first sewing project - Euro pillow shams. I was hooked! I read everything I could get my hands on that had to do with sewing! Books, magazines, online tutorials. I experimented and found that I get so much enjoyment from making quilts, and that it's where I found my niche. I'm still a beginner, but I've learned so much in just 5 short months, that I want to share it with someone!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

NQR

Not Quilt Related.

I am so sorry that I haven't posted in a couple days. 

I've had a rough week so far.

Sunday, a young woman I went to high school with was found dead in a house in a neighboring town. 

She was 19 years old. 

Way too young to die. 

I don't understand it. I'm not sure I want to understand it. 

She was beautiful, caring, nice, any man's dream girl. 

When I thought about how young she was, I thought how young I am, and how it could happen to anyone. 

In our small school community, we thought we were untouchable, nothing like this would happen to one of us. Things like this only happen in the big city. 

It wasn't supposed to happen to one of us. We were untouchable, invincible. I suppose that assumption has gone down the drain. 
Again, I'm so sorry for not posting. I promise I will get back in the swing of things. Please, keep quilting, keep sewing, keep making beautiful things, and please don't stop reading my blog. I promise I won't get so sappy.

I don't usually get all weepy and religious, but prayers would be greatly appreciated.
Her name was Emily. She will be missed forever.





Popular Posts