Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Add me as a friend on Facebook! You can also folow me on Twitter. If you have any questions on quilting, I can try to answer them for you, or you can check out my FAQ, or email me at skippitydodahquilts@yahoo.com

Happy Quilting!

About Me

My photo
I'm just a new wife who has an obsession with my sewing machine! In Oct. 2010, my mother and I created my first sewing project - Euro pillow shams. I was hooked! I read everything I could get my hands on that had to do with sewing! Books, magazines, online tutorials. I experimented and found that I get so much enjoyment from making quilts, and that it's where I found my niche. I'm still a beginner, but I've learned so much in just 5 short months, that I want to share it with someone!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Bag Lady

For the holiday weekend, I wanted a bag that was portable, something I could sling over my shoulder without any problems. We're going to Greenfield Village in Dearborne, Mich. and I'm so excited :). 

So this is what I came up with. 


It's H-U-G-E. I love it! 

It measures about 9" wide and 17" tall. 

The handles measure about 21" to the shoulder. I made them a lot longer than what the pattern called for, so I could sling it over my shoulder while we're at the Village. 





The pattern called for four different prints, but I chose eight because I found too many that I loved!

The fabric is Bliss by Bonnie and Camille. I know the stripe isn't from Bliss, but for the life of me, I can't remember which line it's from. Shame on me!


Speaking of patterns, this is the one I am referring to - 


So the pattern comes with two bag options, which I love. I'm sure I'll make the other one at some point, but I'm quit content with the larger one :).

I did alter it a bit, by making the handles longer and choosing more prints. The bag was so easy to put together, I was so surprised at myself! 

Because I used so many prints, I had enough scraps to make this cute pillow!


The center square is just a cute little label - 




Oh, and I have an update about the swap. June is turning out to be a little bit more than insane. If you remember the post where I last talked about it, I hadn't really committed to anything at that point, and I'm glad I didn't. Right up until June 26th, I am jam packed full of exams, deadlines, a wedding, and life. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Quilting!

Popular Posts