Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Add me as a friend on Facebook! You can also folow me on Twitter. If you have any questions on quilting, I can try to answer them for you, or you can check out my FAQ, or email me at skippitydodahquilts@yahoo.com

Happy Quilting!

About Me

My photo
I'm just a new wife who has an obsession with my sewing machine! In Oct. 2010, my mother and I created my first sewing project - Euro pillow shams. I was hooked! I read everything I could get my hands on that had to do with sewing! Books, magazines, online tutorials. I experimented and found that I get so much enjoyment from making quilts, and that it's where I found my niche. I'm still a beginner, but I've learned so much in just 5 short months, that I want to share it with someone!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

WIP Wednesday

We've been busy bee's the past couple days in Quilt-Land!


Half of the blocks for the bed quilt for my aunt are done! It's going by a lot faster than I anticipated, so of course, I needed something else to keep me busy :).

When I first began my quilting adventure, my first quilt was for my husband's friend and his wife, who just had a baby. At the time, she was pregnant, and I thought a quilt would be quite lovely. Needless to say, that is one of my 'what not to do' examples :). 

So, in my guilt-ridden state of not getting the little one a gift, I found this soo-ooo cute quilt kit!


It is so yummy! I am seriously considering buying another one to keep for myself, for the far-away future :). 





This kit features fabrics from Punctuation by American Jane for Moda (gotta love that Moda!). I love the 'old-world' charm of the a-b-c's!


The pattern is easy to follow, precise, and everything is included for the quilt top and binding. All you need is backing and batting (which I will get from stash!). The finished quilt will be approx 38''x48''. 

I was hoping to get this quilt top done today, but unfortunately some serious back issues have prevented me from whipping out anything too fast, and this weekend happens to be a very busy one for me, so possibly not much sewing after tomorrow :(. However, I will get this top done as quickly as I'm able and I'll be sure to post it! 

Happy Quilting!

Popular Posts