Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Add me as a friend on Facebook! You can also folow me on Twitter. If you have any questions on quilting, I can try to answer them for you, or you can check out my FAQ, or email me at skippitydodahquilts@yahoo.com

Happy Quilting!

About Me

My photo
I'm just a new wife who has an obsession with my sewing machine! In Oct. 2010, my mother and I created my first sewing project - Euro pillow shams. I was hooked! I read everything I could get my hands on that had to do with sewing! Books, magazines, online tutorials. I experimented and found that I get so much enjoyment from making quilts, and that it's where I found my niche. I'm still a beginner, but I've learned so much in just 5 short months, that I want to share it with someone!

Friday, March 11, 2011

I may have some exciting news!!

So, I love my sewing machine. He's been a great stepping stone. BUT, I do believe it's time to move on to bigger and possibly better things :) :) :).

My mom and I went to the Janome store today...oh yes, you know where this is going. Fabric and sewing machine stores, and me, is like asking for trouble to come knocking at your door :).

So, we went to the sewing machine store. And me, being the so subtle (yeah, right) young lady I am, I was talking about how I wanted something a little more heavy duty with a bigger throat space. And you know how I said I wanted this machine? Well, I was shown something better. That's right...better. I wasn't even aware that this machine even existed! I have seen the light.

This is the mother of all quilting machines. It's a Janome Memory Craft 6300P. It's got 63 (!!!!!!!) stitches, 4 buttonholes, auto thread cutter, knee-lifter, speed control, a 9 inch throat. It's a beast. Had I been aware of this machine when I published the post about the 1600P-QC, I would have made that post about this machine!

Oh, and it gets better. I THINK I might have convinced the hubs that this machine is imperative to my sewing and quilting pleasure (!!!!!!!!!). I told him this is a birthday/anniversary/Christmas present for the next year. I will let you know more as the situation develops.


How many of you are upgrading your sewing machines (or anything for that matter) this year? Do you have any reviews for this machine??

Popular Posts