Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Add me as a friend on Facebook! You can also folow me on Twitter. If you have any questions on quilting, I can try to answer them for you, or you can check out my FAQ, or email me at skippitydodahquilts@yahoo.com

Happy Quilting!

About Me

My photo
I'm just a new wife who has an obsession with my sewing machine! In Oct. 2010, my mother and I created my first sewing project - Euro pillow shams. I was hooked! I read everything I could get my hands on that had to do with sewing! Books, magazines, online tutorials. I experimented and found that I get so much enjoyment from making quilts, and that it's where I found my niche. I'm still a beginner, but I've learned so much in just 5 short months, that I want to share it with someone!

Monday, March 7, 2011

Someday...

I would love to have this machine.

  
It's a Janome 1600P-QC. It's a straight stitch machine, so no frills and really simple, but it sews at almost 1600 stitches per minute, with a 9"x5" workspace at the right. It a beast, and it makes my heart flutter just a little :). 

Don't get me wrong, I love my machine...but I'm not sure it can handle the heavy duty quilting that this one can. 

Am I going to be one of those ladies who has two sewing machines?? I swore I would not be a crazy quilter lady with more than one machine...butt...I'm thinking that this is where it's headed.

Do any of you have more than one machine?? If so, What's the purpose for each machine?

Popular Posts