Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Add me as a friend on Facebook! You can also folow me on Twitter. If you have any questions on quilting, I can try to answer them for you, or you can check out my FAQ, or email me at skippitydodahquilts@yahoo.com

Happy Quilting!

About Me

My photo
I'm just a new wife who has an obsession with my sewing machine! In Oct. 2010, my mother and I created my first sewing project - Euro pillow shams. I was hooked! I read everything I could get my hands on that had to do with sewing! Books, magazines, online tutorials. I experimented and found that I get so much enjoyment from making quilts, and that it's where I found my niche. I'm still a beginner, but I've learned so much in just 5 short months, that I want to share it with someone!

Saturday, March 19, 2011

It's National Quilting Day!

It's National Quilting Day, here in the United States :).

How are you all celebrating the start (hopefully!) to an awesome spring?

I've taken the time to put together some of my favorite items that I've found from various sites like Etsy, Facebook, and other blogs! Enjoy!


This baby quilt is so-ooo cute :). It can be found, for sale, here.

Cosmo Cricket Lap/Throw Rag Quilt 56X62

Doesn't this one just make you want to curl up on the couch! It can be found, for sale, here.

Antique Victorian Rare Rhinestones Hat Pin 1800s

This antique hat pin is so couture! It's an orignal hat pin from the Victorian era, and I LOVE that time period. It was a time of class, with a little bit of subtle sex appeal thrown in. It's fantastic, and can be found here.

1950s circle skirt GORGEOUS navy and white FLORAL textured VOILE

This skirt reminds me of the mother in Leave it to Bever. I loved that show and always imagined that my life would be somewhat like hers :). Oh, how naive I was! It can be found here.


Family Tree

This applique design was done over at Red Pepper Quilts. She does AMAZING work in the quilting world, and I highly suggest you all jump on over to her blog!

Moda Bake Shop


Need I say more? Moda Bake Shop is a division of Moda fabrics that runs a website that posts tutorials for different fun things that you can sew with their pre-cut collections! From quilts, wine sleeves, bags, skirts, children's clothes, they've got it all! If you take nothing else away from this post, PLEASE visit their site, as you will find SO many fun, easy, and great projects!!

Have a blessed weekend! I wouldn't say this often, but take a break from sewing and enjoy the weather (if your region allows)! Happy Quilting!!

Popular Posts