Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Add me as a friend on Facebook! You can also folow me on Twitter. If you have any questions on quilting, I can try to answer them for you, or you can check out my FAQ, or email me at skippitydodahquilts@yahoo.com

Happy Quilting!

About Me

My photo
I'm just a new wife who has an obsession with my sewing machine! In Oct. 2010, my mother and I created my first sewing project - Euro pillow shams. I was hooked! I read everything I could get my hands on that had to do with sewing! Books, magazines, online tutorials. I experimented and found that I get so much enjoyment from making quilts, and that it's where I found my niche. I'm still a beginner, but I've learned so much in just 5 short months, that I want to share it with someone!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

I need a little more Whimsy in my life

Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree Quilts for Moda designed a new line for this spring.


Whimsy is quite possibly my favorite spring print for this year. It's so fresh, light, and airy. 

I've made several quilts with this line, and have a ton of scraps of it! I can't get enough of this fabric. It's so soft and beautifully made (true to Moda), and I will most definitely be looking for a fat quarter bundle to make an awesome lap quilt!

Ebay has this line in jelly rolls, honey buns, layer cakes, charm packs, fat quarters, and by the yard. Unfortunately, Fat Quarter Shop doesn't carry it anymore (yeah, I was disappointed too!). But they do have some too cute patterns by Fig Tree Quilts that would compliment this fabric wonderfully here



In other news, I'm on my spring break from school (woohoo!). A much needed break from learning, but it gives me more creative time :) :). I am hoping to tackle some of my scraps from the Whimsy line I noted earlier, and make a cute scrappy quilt.


Have a blessed week, and Happy Quilting!

Popular Posts