Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Add me as a friend on Facebook! You can also folow me on Twitter. If you have any questions on quilting, I can try to answer them for you, or you can check out my FAQ, or email me at skippitydodahquilts@yahoo.com

Happy Quilting!

About Me

My photo
I'm just a new wife who has an obsession with my sewing machine! In Oct. 2010, my mother and I created my first sewing project - Euro pillow shams. I was hooked! I read everything I could get my hands on that had to do with sewing! Books, magazines, online tutorials. I experimented and found that I get so much enjoyment from making quilts, and that it's where I found my niche. I'm still a beginner, but I've learned so much in just 5 short months, that I want to share it with someone!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Quilty things, UFO's, and a diet

First, I want to give a big welcome to all my new followers! Thank you for stopping by in my little corner of cyberspace! I hope you find this blog helpful, inspiring, and a good read :). If you have any questions, please don't be afraid to shoot me an email. I try to respond within 24 hours.

Okay, so Memorial Day weekend wasn't very productive for me :). 

I did get a quilt bound on Friday...and that was about it. 

Ohh, well. 

Well, yesterday and today I got a quilt done :).




The black and white quilt is for my friend, Aubrey. She and her hubby are expecting their first baby this fall. This quilt was such a pleasure to make, and I do hope she loves it as much as I loved making it! The fabric is Black and White for Michael Miller. The blue is Bella Solid in Bunny Hill blue, and the solid black is Bella Solid in black. 















I really wanted to perfect the spiral technique, so that's what I did for the quilting. I think it turned out quite well :).




Okay, so my UFO count is creeping up...and up....and up :). I think I need to go on a fabric diet.

Okay, so from this day forward, I will not buy any more fabric, other than what is needed to finish a UFO (i.e. backing, border, binding, etc.).

I am starting to think about Christmas presents, and that means that I need to knock out some of these unfinished projects...and quickly :).

I let you know how that one goes  ;).

Any new quilts you would like to share? I always love seeing pretty things!

Happy Quilting!

Popular Posts