Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Add me as a friend on Facebook! You can also folow me on Twitter. If you have any questions on quilting, I can try to answer them for you, or you can check out my FAQ, or email me at skippitydodahquilts@yahoo.com

Happy Quilting!

About Me

My photo
I'm just a new wife who has an obsession with my sewing machine! In Oct. 2010, my mother and I created my first sewing project - Euro pillow shams. I was hooked! I read everything I could get my hands on that had to do with sewing! Books, magazines, online tutorials. I experimented and found that I get so much enjoyment from making quilts, and that it's where I found my niche. I'm still a beginner, but I've learned so much in just 5 short months, that I want to share it with someone!

Sunday, June 12, 2011

No Title

I couldn't think of an appropriate title, so 'No Title' it is! 

My family reeeally knows how to melt me like butter :). 

My mom got me an awesome new ruler, spray baste, thread snippers, and some other reeally cool notions!

I think I'm going to do a review on one of them - the Supreme Slider. It has a really smooth surface that is supposed to help with drag when quilting on my domestic machine (something that I have never been able to master). She knows I've been wanting to master that art, so hopefully this will help with the serious drag with my machine when I free-motion quilt! 


She also got me this book.
I hate math. I'm not good at it, I can't do it in my head, and I have to tell you, this book is...a-w-e-s-o-m-e! I think I'm also going to do a review once I get myself settled and can really look over and study it :). 

Oh, oh, oh! And look at this awesome table =D. I hate having to lug around our big ironing table, and this little mini ironing table was something she's seeing me fawn over for weeks :). I'm pretty sure I have the most observant, coolest, nicest mom ever. I love you, Mom! 

And, she got me a charm pack of Dogwood Trail =D. I absolutely love this line, and I can't wait to play with it!


Hubby kept it simple and got me a gift card to my LQS (at my mom's advice, lol!). Which is a good thing because he probably would have gotten me something along the lines of socket wrenches or something. God love him! 

Anyway, with my gift card, I got this Lazy Angle ruler! I am going to do a review on this, definitely. I'm excited to see how this works. From what I've read and from what the shop owner said, it's not at all difficult to use. I can't wait to use it!

Okay, soo, with that gift card, I got some absolutely yummy fabric. BUT, since it was on a gift card, I'm not breaking the rules of my fabric diet...right?! :)









I got a little of Breakfast at Tiffany's and Oasis. I also got this Bella Solids in a light gray color. I l-o-v-e gray! I'm going to be using the Lazy Angle with these fabrics, and I can't wait to see what comes of it :). 





I had an absolutely wonderful birthday. Even though we had a couple of oddities (water in the sewing room closet!) it did not ruin my day. 

Stay tuned for Block #2 of the quilt-along! I've seen a few people's blocks in blogland, and they are looking so awesome! I am so happy that so many people can participate! I already have ideas for future quilt-alongs :).


Popular Posts