Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Add me as a friend on Facebook! You can also folow me on Twitter. If you have any questions on quilting, I can try to answer them for you, or you can check out my FAQ, or email me at skippitydodahquilts@yahoo.com

Happy Quilting!

About Me

My photo
I'm just a new wife who has an obsession with my sewing machine! In Oct. 2010, my mother and I created my first sewing project - Euro pillow shams. I was hooked! I read everything I could get my hands on that had to do with sewing! Books, magazines, online tutorials. I experimented and found that I get so much enjoyment from making quilts, and that it's where I found my niche. I'm still a beginner, but I've learned so much in just 5 short months, that I want to share it with someone!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Birthdays and Progress

I'm posting today because tomorrow is my 21st birthday! :). I will probably be away from the computer all day on Thursday, most of Friday, and probably all weekend. I'm sure I'll get some sewing in through the weekend, but I kinda want this weekend to be family time :).

So I've done pretty well on my fabric diet. I put a rubber band on my wrist and every time I want to buy fabric, I give myself a little snap to remind me what I promised myself and all of you! So far, it's done really well, and I've put a nice dent in a WIP. 

Remember this snowball and 9-patch block? Yeah...I bet you do :). 



I've finally got almost all the blocks done! I started finishing this WIP because the book with the pattern is on loan to me from the owner at my LQS, and I didn't want her thinking I was keeping it ;). 


The color wheel wall hanging (in that same post) is also almost done too! I'm just correcting a few quilting errors and it'll be ready for hanging and pictures :).

Hopefully I will have this snowball quilt top done by next week and then I can fix the color wheel.

Once I started on the quilt for my aunt and the black and white quilt, things just started piling up and I had to take a break from everything else. It was a good thing I had no obligations to my other projects, or I would be in some serious trouble!

Now that those two quilts are done, I feel a little lighter :).

I hope everyone has a fun weekend!

Popular Posts