Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Add me as a friend on Facebook! You can also folow me on Twitter. If you have any questions on quilting, I can try to answer them for you, or you can check out my FAQ, or email me at skippitydodahquilts@yahoo.com

Happy Quilting!

About Me

My photo
I'm just a new wife who has an obsession with my sewing machine! In Oct. 2010, my mother and I created my first sewing project - Euro pillow shams. I was hooked! I read everything I could get my hands on that had to do with sewing! Books, magazines, online tutorials. I experimented and found that I get so much enjoyment from making quilts, and that it's where I found my niche. I'm still a beginner, but I've learned so much in just 5 short months, that I want to share it with someone!

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Late nights

I haven't been able to sleep tonight, so I thought I'd try out this new pattern by Lazy Girl Designs! 


This bag measures about 7"x9" and was so easy to make! 

This was my second go at bag-making and I'm so happy with how it turned out, even with the skinny strap and zipper! 

This bag is made with 2 fat quarters and a 12" zipper - easy-peasy!



I made this bag as a tester. I'll be making the exact same one for my niece, with a pink zipper. I'm not sure about the embellishments, but I'm sure I can find something. The white button was from a bag of buttons my mom gave me a few weeks ago. I love free things!

She'll be turning 7 in about a month, so I wanted to give her something to feel a little more 'grown up' but trying to keep her little at the same time. I mean, seriously, how much stuff does a 7 year old need to carry around, anyway?! ;)



Here are both bags that I've made. I gotta say, I'm kinda pleased with myself :o). When I first started sewing, I tried to make a bag, and it was so unsuccessful, that I just ripped the whole thing apart and used the scraps for tissue box holders! Good thing I got over myself pretty quickly ;).

Have you made any bags? Any successes? I'd love to see what you've made!

Popular Posts