Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Add me as a friend on Facebook! You can also folow me on Twitter. If you have any questions on quilting, I can try to answer them for you, or you can check out my FAQ, or email me at skippitydodahquilts@yahoo.com

Happy Quilting!

About Me

My photo
I'm just a new wife who has an obsession with my sewing machine! In Oct. 2010, my mother and I created my first sewing project - Euro pillow shams. I was hooked! I read everything I could get my hands on that had to do with sewing! Books, magazines, online tutorials. I experimented and found that I get so much enjoyment from making quilts, and that it's where I found my niche. I'm still a beginner, but I've learned so much in just 5 short months, that I want to share it with someone!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Scraps...Oh, Lordy

Happy St. Patrick's Day! It's been a Bee-u-tiful day in Northwestern Ohio! I think this weather is spoiling me :). Now, onto a more serious issue...dun dun dun!!!! Scraps!!!

I love my mom. Really, I do! But, she taught me the, "If-I-Can-Use-It-Don't-Throw-It-Out" rule. 

This is where scraps come in to play. (sighs) Woohoo?
In my perfect, delusional, unrealistic world, scraps would be non-existent. We would all have the exact amount of fabric needed and the scraps would magically go to their Great Reward. Can you tell I'm not a fan? :)




God love the women who love scraps. The talented few have the ability to make amazing, eclectic, awesome quilts with a pile of this junk. I am not one of those talented few. 

I am, however, trying (really hard!) to grow to love scraps. I suppose my selection of scraps isn't the best. I have only made quilts for others, and none for myself (yet), so my selection is based on their style, not mine.

So, last week I picked, sorted, and found every last scrap I had of my Whimsy line. And this is what I came up with.



Lovely isn't it? :) (can you taste my sarcasm?)


My cutting table is soooooooo-oooooo messy. Par for the course? I think so.

Anyway, I'm not sure that I'll have enough from my scraps alone, for the entire quilt top. Hopefully I'll only need to get a few fat quarters for the very end.


This is what has become of the pile of....stuff you see :).



I'm quite pleased with how it's turning out! This will be my first scrap quilt, and it is VERY tedious. The scraps are 2" wide and several different lengths. So piecing them is...well...you know :). But, if you read my post about Whimsy, this fabric makes it all worth-while :). Hopefully I will get it done sometime in this lifetime. My husband brought home the stomach flu and thought it would be a lovely present to give to his loving wife, so not much quilting has gotten done today :(.

I'd love to see your scrap projects! 

Happy Quilting!



Popular Posts