Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Add me as a friend on Facebook! You can also folow me on Twitter. If you have any questions on quilting, I can try to answer them for you, or you can check out my FAQ, or email me at skippitydodahquilts@yahoo.com

Happy Quilting!

About Me

My photo
I'm just a new wife who has an obsession with my sewing machine! In Oct. 2010, my mother and I created my first sewing project - Euro pillow shams. I was hooked! I read everything I could get my hands on that had to do with sewing! Books, magazines, online tutorials. I experimented and found that I get so much enjoyment from making quilts, and that it's where I found my niche. I'm still a beginner, but I've learned so much in just 5 short months, that I want to share it with someone!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Follow The Yellow Brick Road

I've finished a quilt for my niece that I mentioned in my first post. I LOVE it!






I used Oz fabrics by Sanae for Moda for the rail fence pattern, outer border, and part of the backing. The orange inner border and the larger part of the backing and binding, I used Marble solids for Moda in a beautiful orange color. The white in the rail fence pattern is bleached muslin. I used a simple straight line quilt pattern throughout, and hand-stitched the binding to the back of the quilt.

It's name, Follow the yellow brick road, was inspired by the movie The Wizard of Oz. Since the name of the fabric design is Oz, I thought it would be fitting. I also decided on this name to remind my niece to always follow a path of righteousness, goodness, and to never give up on herself.

I had so much fun making this quilt and I hope she loves it as much as I loved making it!







Love, Love, Love!!!

Popular Posts